Anderson Bridge (1910)
Anderson Bridge is a vehicular bridge that spans across the Singapore River. It is located near the river’s mouth in the Downtown Core Planning Area of Singapore’s Central Area.
Fullerton Rd, Singapore 049212
Amidst the modern blocks in the sprawling compound of Singapore General Hospital stands a Neoclassical building with its distinctive clock tower. Bowyer Block, as it is called, is the only remaining structure out of the ensemble of hospital buildings constructed in 1926.
11 Third Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168751
Armenian Church (1835–1836)
The Armenian Church of Saint Gregory the Illuminator, referred to locally as the Armenian Church, is the oldest Christian church in Singapore, located at Hill Street in the Museum Planning Area, within the Central Area. The church was completed in 1835 and consecrated the next year.
60 Hill St, Singapore 179366
Singapore General Hospital (29 March 1926)
The Singapore General Hospital is the largest and oldest hospital in Singapore next to Outram Park MRT station, of which the foundation of its first building was laid in 1821. SGH was ranked as the third best hospital in the world by Newsweek in 2019.
Outram Rd, Singapore 169608
Caldwell House (1840–1841)
Caldwell House was a historical building designed and built by George Drumgoole Coleman from 1840 to 1841 in Singapore. It was the oldest building of the CHIJMES complex since 1854. It currently serves as a venue known as the Alcove at Caldwell House for wedding functions.
30 Victoria St, Singapore 187996
Cathay Building (1939)
The Cathay is a mixed-use 17-story cinema, shopping mall and apartment building located at Handy Road and Mount Sophia in the Museum Planning Area of Singapore.
Handy Rd, Former Cathay Building, Singapore 229233
Cathedral of the Good Shepherd (1843–1847)
The Cathedral of the Good Shepherd is the oldest Roman Catholic church in Singapore. It is located in the Museum Planning Area within the Civic District. Bounded by the parallel Queen and Victoria Streets, and Bras Basah Road, the Cathedral sits within shaded grounds.
A Queen St, Singapore 188533
Cavenagh Bridge (1869)
Cavenagh Bridge is the only suspension bridge and one of the oldest bridges in Singapore, spanning the lower reaches of the Singapore River in the Downtown Core.
1 Fullerton Square, Singapore 049178
Central Fire Station (1908)
The Central Fire Station is the oldest existing fire station in Singapore, and is located at Hill Street in the Museum Planning Area, within the Central Area. The building currently houses the Civil Defence Heritage Gallery, the official museum of the Singapore Civil Defence Force.
62 Hill St, Singapore 179367
Changi Prison (1936)
Changi Prison Complex. often known as simply Changi Prison, is a prison located in Changi in the eastern part of Singapore.
982 Upper Changi Rd N, Singapore 507709
Chesed-El Synagogue (1905)
The Chesed-El Synagogue is a synagogue in Singapore. It is located at Oxley Rise in the River Valley Planning Area, within the Central Area of Singapore. The synagogue was constructed in 1905.
2 Oxley Rise, Singapore 238693
The Chinese High School Clock Tower Building, a gazetted national monument in Singapore, is situated in the campus of the integrated Hwa Chong Institution, which incorporates The Chinese High School and Hwa Chong Junior College.
661 Bukit Timah Rd, Singapore 269734
The Church of Our Lady of Lourdes is a Catholic church in Singapore. It is located at Ophir Road in the Rochor Planning Area, within the Central Area in Singapore’s central business district.
50 Ophir Rd, Singapore 188690
Church of Saints Peter and Paul (1869–1870)
The Church of Saints Peter and Paul is a Roman Catholic church in Singapore. It is located at Queen Street within the Central Area known as the Bras Basah Bugis precinct of Singapore’s arts district.
225A Queen St, Singapore 188551
Church of St Teresa (7 April 1929)
The Church of St. Teresa is a Roman Catholic church in Singapore. The church was established in 1929 on the eastern slope of Bukit Purmei in Kampong Bahru, making it Singapore’s first rural church. It was gazetted by the National Heritage Board as a National monument on 11 November 2009.
510 Kampong Bahru Rd, Singapore 099446
The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Roman Catholic church in Singapore. It is located in Hougang, the North-East Region of Singapore, and is within the Serangoon District. It is well known as the oldest Catholic church for the Teochew community in Serangoon.
1259 Upper Serangoon Rd, Singapore 534795
City Hall (1926–1929)
The City Hall in Singapore is a national monument gazetted on 14 February 1992. It can be found in front of the historical Padang and adjacent to the Supreme Court of Singapore, it was designed and built by the architects of the Singapore Municipal Commission, A. Gordans and F. D. Meadows from 1926 to 1929.
3 St Andrew’s Rd, Singapore 178958
College of Medicine Building (1926)
The College of Medicine Building is a historic building in Singapore, located within the grounds of the Singapore General Hospital at Outram Park, within the Bukit Merah Planning Area near Singapore’s central business district.
16 College Rd, Singapore 169854
Former Command House (1930s)
The stately Former Command House is located near Bukit Timah Road, a major road constructed during the mid-nineteenth century and one of the last defences against the invading Japanese troops in 1942. Its role in Singapore’s military history was of paramount importance, especially at the dawn of the Second World War in Asia in the late 1930s and early 1940s.
17 Kheam Hock Rd, Former Command House, Singapore 298791
CHIJMES Hall (1904)
CHIJMES is a historic building complex in Singapore, which began life as a Catholic convent known as the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus. The complex is located at Victoria Street in the Downtown Core, within the Central Area, Singapore’s central business district.
30 Victoria St, Singapore 187996
Elgin Bridge is a vehicular box girder bridge across the Singapore River, linking the Downtown Core to the Singapore River Planning Area located within Singapore’s Central Area. It was built between 1925 and 1929.
SouthBridge Rd, Singapore
Empress Place Building (1864–1920)
The Empress Place Building is a historic building in Singapore, located on the north bank of the Singapore River in the Downtown Core, within the Central Area in Singapore’s central business district. The building is currently the second wing of the Asian Civilisations Museum. The other wing of the museum is located at the Old Tao Nan School building along Armenian Street.
1 Empress Pl, Singapore 179555
Former Admiralty House (1939)
The Former Admiralty House is a historic building, located at Old Nelson Road within the Sembawang Planning Area in the North Region of Singapore. The building is now the administration building of Furen International School.
345 Old Nelson Rd, Singapore 758692
The Parliament House of Singapore is a public building and a cultural landmark. It houses the Parliament of Singapore, and is located in the Civic District of the Downtown Core within the Central Area.
1 Parliament Pl, Singapore 178880
Former Ford Factory (1941)
The Former Ford Factory is located along Upper Bukit Timah Road at Bukit Timah in Singapore. It is the place where British forces under Lieutenant-General Arthur Percival surrendered to Japanese forces under Lieutenant-General Yamashita Tomoyuki on 15 February 1942 after the Battle of Singapore.
351 Upper Bukit Timah Rd, Singapore 588192
The Fullerton Hotel (1867)
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore is a five-star luxury hotel located near the mouth of the Singapore River, in the Downtown Core of the Central Area, Singapore. It was originally known as the Fullerton Building, and also as the General Post Office Building.
1 Fullerton Square, Singapore 049178
Goodwood Park Hotel (1900)
The Goodwood Park Hotel is a heritage hotel in Singapore, situated in a 6-hectare landscaped garden on Scotts Road. It was first built as the club house for the Teutonic Club serving the expatriate German community in Singapore, and later converted into a hotel.
22 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228221
Old Hill Street Police Station (1845–1856)
The Old Hill Street Police Station is a historic building and former police station in Singapore, and is located at Hill Street in the Museum Planning Area, within the Central Area, Singapore’s central business district.
140 Hill St, Singapore 179369
Hong San See (1908–1913)
Hong San See is a Chinese temple in Singapore, and is located at Mohamed Sultan Road in the River Valley Planning Area, within the Central Area. Hong San See Temple was constructed between 1908 and 1913, erected by migrants from Nan An County in Fujian province with materials imported from China.
31 Mohamed Sultan Rd, Singapore 238975
House of Tan Yeok Nee (1885)
The House of Tan Yeok Nee is a mansion building located at the junction of Penang Road and Clemenceau Avenue in the Museum Planning Area in Singapore. After an extensive restoration completed in 2000, it was held by The University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business.
207 Clemenceau Ave, Singapore 239925
The Istana (1867–1869)
The Istana is the official residence and office of the President of Singapore. Meaning “palace” in Malay, it is where the President receives and entertains state guests. The Istana is also the working office of the Prime Minister of Singapore.
35 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238823
Malay Heritage Centre (1839-1843)
The Malay Heritage Centre is a cultural centre and museum located at Sultan Gate off Beach Road in Kampong Glam, Singapore. It showcases the culture, heritage and history of Malay Singaporeans.
85 Sultan Gate, Singapore 198501
Jurong Town Hall (1971–1974)
Jurong Town Hall or Trade Association Hub, is a commercial building and the former headquarters of the Jurong Town Corporation. The building is symbolic of the success of Singapore’s industrialisation programme in Jurong and was gazetted as a national monument on 2 June 2015.
9 Jurong Town Hall Rd, Singapore 609431
MacDonald House (1949)
The MacDonald House is a historic building and monument in Singapore, located at Orchard Road in the Museum Planning Area, within the Central Area. It was the first building to be fully air-conditioned in Southeast Asia.
40A Orchard Rd, Singapore 238838
Maghain Aboth Synagogue (1878)
The Maghain Aboth Synagogue is a synagogue in Singapore. It is located at 24/26 Waterloo Street in the Rochor Planning Area, within the Central Area in Singapore’s central business district. The synagogue was constructed by 1878. It is the oldest Jewish synagogue in Southeast Asia.
24/26 Waterloo St, Singapore 187968
Masjid Abdul Gaffoor (1907)
The Abdul Gaffoor Mosque is a mosque in Little India, Singapore. It is located at Dunlop Street in the Rochor Planning Area. The mosque was constructed in 1907, and major restoration of the building was completed in 2003. The mosque is currently owned by Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura.
41 Dunlop St, Singapore 209369
Alkaff Upper Serangoon Mosque was constructed by the mercantile and landowning Alkaff family to serve the spiritual needs of the local Muslim community at large. It stands as a reminder of the Arabs’ philanthropic deeds and their contributions to colonial Singapore.
66 Pheng Geck Avenue, Singapore 348261
Masjid Al-Abrar (1829)
Masjid Al-Abrar is a mosque located along Telok Ayer Street in Chinatown within the Central Area, Singapore. It is one of the earliest mosques in Singapore. The mosque is also known by two other names – Kuchu Palli and Masjid Chulia.
192 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068635
Masjid Hajjah Fatimah (1846)
The Hajjah Fatimah Mosque is a mosque located along Beach Road in the Kampong Glam district within the Kallang Planning Area in Singapore. The mosque was designed in a mix of Islamic and European architectural styles, and completed in 1846.
4001 Beach Rd, Singapore 199584
Masjid Jamae (1830)
Masjid Jamae or Jamae Mosque is one of the earliest mosques in Singapore, and is located on South Bridge Road in the Chinatown district within the Central Area. The mosque was established in 1826.
218 South Bridge Rd, Singapore 058767
Sultan Mosque or Masjid Sultan is a mosque located at Muscat Street and North Bridge Road within the Kampong Glam precinct of the district of Rochor in Singapore. It was named after Sultan Hussain Shah. In 1975, it was designated a national monument.
3 Muscat St, Singapore 198833
The Old Ministry of Labour Building is a former building of the Ministry of Labour located at Havelock Square in the Outram Planning Area, within the Central Area of Singapore’s central business district.
3 Havelock Square, Singapore 059725
Nagore Durgha (1893)
The Nagore Durgha is a shrine in Singapore built by Muslims from southern India between 1828 and 1830, and was originally known as Shahul Hamid Dargha. When this shrine was first built, Telok Ayer Street where the shrine is located was a sandy beach crowded with sailing craft.
140 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068604
Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building, Memorial and Arch
Nanyang University, affectionately known as Nantah, was the first Chinese-language university in Southeast Asia and the second university in Singapore. Not only do the Former Nanyang University Library and Administration Building, Memorial, and Arch serve as remembrances of the original Nantah, they also bear witness to the relentless efforts and contributions of the local Chinese community towards making tertiary education accessible to Chinese-speaking youth.
Nanyang Drive & Jurong West Street 93
The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is the second oldest public autonomous research university in Singapore. With a population of 33,500 students and 10,000 faculty and staff, NTU is the second largest university in Singapore.
50 Nanyang Ave, Singapore 639798
National Museum of Singapore (1887)
The National Museum of Singapore is the oldest museum in Singapore. Its history dates back to 1849, when it was started as a section of a library at Singapore Institution and called the Raffles Library and Museum.
93 Stamford Rd, Singapore 178897
The Arts House (1827)
The Arts House is a building in Singapore. It is currently a multi-disciplinary arts venue which plays host to art exhibitions and concerts. Built in 1827, the Old Parliament House is the oldest government building and perhaps the oldest surviving building in Singapore.
1 Old Parliament Ln, Singapore 179429
The Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church is located on Prinsep Street within the Central Area of Singapore’s central business district. It is approximately 350 metres from Rochor MRT station. The church was founded by Reverend Benjamin Peach Keasberry in 1843. It was previously known as the Malay Chapel.
77 Prinsep St, Singapore 188649
National University of Singapore (22 July 1929)
The National University of Singapore is a public research university in Singapore. Founded in 1905 as the Straits Settlements and Federated Malay States Government Medical School, NUS is the oldest higher education institution in Singapore.
21 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, Singapore 119077
Former Raffles College (now NUS Campus at Bukit Timah)
Located next to the Singapore Botanic Gardens, the Former Raffles College is well hidden from the public eye. It was commissioned in 1919 to commemorate the centenary of Sir Stamford Raffles’ arrival in Singapore. As the first college for the arts and sciences in British Malaya, the campus bears testimony to the commitment of the British Administration and philanthropists to provide quality tertiary education for the locals.
469 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259776
Raffles Hotel (1887)
Raffles Hotel is a colonial-style luxury hotel in Singapore. It was established by Armenian hoteliers, the Sarkies Brothers, in 1887. The hotel was named after British statesman Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, the founder of modern Singapore.
1 Beach Rd, Singapore 189673
St Andrew’s Cathedral (1856–1861)
Saint Andrew’s Cathedral is an Anglican cathedral in Singapore, and the country’s largest cathedral. It is near City Hall, MRT Interchange in the Downtown Core, within the Central Area in Singapore’s central business district.
11 St Andrew’s Rd, Singapore 178959
Saint George’s Church (1910–1913)
Saint George’s Church is an Anglican church located on Singapore’s Minden Road in the Tanglin Planning Area, off Holland Road. Constructed between 1910 and 1913, the church was built for the British troops stationed in Tanglin Barracks which was once the General Headquarters of the British Far East Land Forces.
44 Minden Rd, Singapore 248816
St James Power Station (1926)
St James Power Station is a building in the HarbourFront area of the Bukit Merah Planning Area in Singapore. Built in 1926, it was Singapore’s first power station and supplied electricity to the nearby port and the surrounding industries, shipyards and residences.
3 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098544
Saint Joseph’s Church (1906–1912)
Saint Joseph’s Church is a Roman Catholic church in Singapore. It is located along Victoria Street in the Rochor Planning Area, within the Central Area of Singapore’s central business district. The church was constructed from 1906–12 with its foundation stone laid in 1904.
143 Victoria St, Singapore 188020
St. Joseph’s Institution is a Catholic secondary school for boys in Singapore. Founded in 1852 by the De La Salle Brothers, it is the first Catholic school and the third oldest secondary school in Singapore.
38 Malcolm Rd, Singapore 308274
Siong Lim Temple (1902)
Siong Lim Temple, also known as Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery, is a Buddhist monastery located in Toa Payoh, Singapore, next to the Pan Island Expressway. The temple was founded in 1898, but the construction of the premises only began in 1902 by Low Kim Pong and was completed in 1907.
184 Jalan Toa Payoh, Singapore 319944
Sri Mariamman Temple (1827)
The Sri Mariamman Temple is Singapore’s oldest Hindu temple. It is an agamic temple, built in the Dravidian style. Located at 244 South Bridge Road, in the downtown Chinatown district, the temple serves the majority Hindu Singaporeans, Tamilians, in the city-state.
244 South Bridge Rd, Singapore 058793
Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple (1855)
Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple or Sri Perumal Temple is one of the oldest temples in Singapore. It is located in Little India within the planning area of Kallang along Serangoon Road, where its tall Gopuram shows the different incarnations of Lord Vishnu.
397 Serangoon Rd, Singapore 218123
Sri Temasek (1867–1869)
Sri Temasek is a two-storey detached house built in 1869 which is sited within the grounds of the Istana in Singapore. During the island’s colonial era, it served as the residence of the Colonial Secretary or Chief Secretary.
Orchard Rd, Singapore 238823
Sun Yat Sen Villa, currently the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall (1880)
The Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall, also known as Wan Qing Yuan, and formerly as the Sun Yat Sen Villa, is a two-story colonial style villa in Balestier, Singapore.
12 Tai Gin Rd, Singapore 327874
Supreme Court, Old, currently the National Gallery Singapore (1937–1939)
The Old Supreme Court Building is the former courthouse of the Supreme Court of Singapore, before it moved out of the building and commenced operations in the new building on 20 June 2005. The building was the last structure in the style of classical architecture to be built in the former British colony. The building, together with the City Hall, has been converted into National Art Gallery of Singapore which was opened in 2015.
1 St Andrew’s Road, Singapore 178958
Tan Si Chong Su (1876–1878)
Tan Si Chong Su, or Ancestral Hall of the Tan Clan, is a Chinese temple in Singapore. It is located on Magazine Road in the Singapore River Planning Area within Singapore’s central business district.
15 Magazine Rd, Singapore 059568
Tan Teck Guan Building (1911)
Tan Teck Guan Building is a historic building on College Road, within the compound of Singapore General Hospital in Bukit Merah, Singapore. The building currently houses offices of the Ministry of Health.
16A College Rd, Singapore 169855
Tao Nan School, Old, currently the Peranakan Museum (1906)
The Old Tao Nan School is a historic building in Singapore, located along Armenian Street in the Museum Planning Area, within the Central Area. The building was originally built for the Tao Nan School to serve the local Hokkien community, but the school has since been relocated to its current location in Marine Parade. The building was then used as a wing of the Asian Civilisations Museum, and now houses the Peranakan Museum. It was gazetted as a national monument on 27 February 1998.
39 Armenian Street, Singapore 179941
Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church (Abbreviation: TACMC), is located on Telok Ayer Street within the Downtown Core of Singapore’s central business district. The church is approximately 450 metres from Telok Ayer MRT station
235 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068656
Telok Ayer Market, Former, currently Lau Pa Sat (1894)
Lau Pa Sat, also known as Telok Ayer Market, is a historic building located within the Downtown Core in the Central Area of Singapore. It was first built in 1824 as a fish market on the waterfront serving the people of early colonial Singapore and rebuilt in 1838.
18 Raffles Quay, Singapore 048582
Thian Hock Keng (1839–1842)
Thian Hock Keng, also known as the Tianfu Temple, is a temple built for the worship of Mazu, a Chinese sea goddess, located in Singapore. It is the oldest and most important temple of the Hokkien people in the country.
158 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068613
The Old Thong Chai Medical Institution is a historic building in Singapore, and is located at Eu Tong Sen Street in the Singapore River Planning Area, within the Central Area, Singapore’s central business district.
50 Eu Tong Sen St, Singapore 059803
Tou Mu Kung Temple (1881)
The Tou Mu Kung Temple is a Taoist temple situated on Upper Serangoon Road, Singapore. Worshipping the Empress Registrar of Birth or Dou Mu and Nine Emperor deities, the temple has both Taoist and Buddhist influences. There are other temples dedicated to Tou Mu in many parts of China.
779A Upper Serangoon Rd, Singapore 534648
The Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall is a performing arts center in the Central Area of Singapore, situated along Empress Place. It is a complex of two buildings and a clock tower joined together by a common corridor; the oldest part of the building was first built in 1862, and the complex was completed in 1909.
9 Empress Pl, Singapore 179556
Ying Fo Fui Kun (1881–1882)
Ying Fo Fui Kun is a Hakka clan association in Singapore. Its clan house is located at Telok Ayer Street in the Outram Planning Area, within the Central Area. The Ying Fo Fui Kun clan house building was constructed in 1881-1882.
98 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 048474
Singapore Conference Hall (Oct 1965)
Singapore Conference Hall is a multipurpose building located in the heart of the financial district of Shenton Way in Downtown Core of Singapore. The first building to be constructed along Shenton Way, it was a place for conferences and exhibitions in the 1960s and 1970s.
7 Shenton Way, Singapore 068810
Lim Bo Seng Memorial, Tan Kim Seng Fountain and The Cenotaph (various)
The Lim Bo Seng Memorial is an octagonal pagoda-like war memorial at Esplanade Park, Singapore. It was erected in 1954 in honour of the late Lim Bo Seng for his heroic acts and selfless sacrifice during World War II. The war memorial is the only structure in Singapore that commemorates an individual’s efforts in World War II and was gazetted as a national monument in 28 December 2010.
Lim Bo Seng Memorial, Singapore
Yueh Hai Ching Temple (1895)
Yueh Hai Ching Temple, also known as the Wak Hai Cheng Bio from its Teochew pronunciation, is a Chinese temple in Singapore located in Raffles Place in Singapore’s central business district.
30B Phillip St, Singapore 048696
Former Tanjong Pagar railway station (1932)
Tanjong Pagar railway station or Keppel Road railway station, is a former railway station located at 30 Keppel Road in Singapore. The station was the southern terminus of the network operated by Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM), the main railway operator in Malaysia, until 30 June 2011 when the station ceased operations with relocation of the KTM station to Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
30 Keppel Road, Singapore 089059
Civilian War Memorial (1967)
The Memorial to the Civilian Victims of the Japanese Occupation, usually called the Civilian War Memorial is a war memorial and heritage landmark in Singapore next to Esplanade MRT station. It was built in memory of the civilians killed during the Japanese occupation of Singapore during World War II.
Nicoll Highway, Stamford Rd, &, Singapore 189701
Chung Cheng High School (Main) is a co-educational secondary school in Singapore. Founded in 1939, it is one of the eleven Special Assistance Plan schools in Singapore.
50 Goodman Rd, Singapore 439012
Sri Thendayuthapani Temple (1859)
The Sri Thendayuthapani Temple, better known as the Chettiars’ Temple or the Tank Road temple, is one of the Singapore Hindu community’s most important monuments. It was gazetted as a national monument on 21 October 2014. It was built in 1859 by Nattukkottai Chettiar community.
15 Tank Rd, Singapore 238065